Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thankful

In all this talk of valleys I think it's time to reflect. Yes, I know it's not an original thought, but let's do this anyway. Interestingly enough, when I begin to 'count my blessings', the valley doesn't seem so deep, so long, or so hopeless. To be honest, my position has not changed. My situation is still the same. Only my focus has changed. It's amazing how much this can affect your day!
Instead of looking at what circumstances put you in that valley, look at what (or Who) walks through it with you. Just to share my blessings with you, here are a few of them:
  • Healthy parents who love me and each other.
  • A sister who is my best friend.
  • Brother, sister-in-law, niece & nephews who, while not with me, mean the world to me.
  • A stable, Godly church, pastor and church family.
  • A job & steady income.
  • Friends who are less than a phone call away.
  • A Savior who came to die for me.
  • A Father who sent Him.
  • A Comforter who is with me every moment of every day.

These are only a few of the many things I have to be thankful for. What things make your list? Celebrate Thanksgiving in Holland instead of Italy. That's where I will be celebrating.

Happy Thanksgiving, dear friends!

No comments: