Sunday, April 26, 2009

Things you can do while drinking your orange juice...

In Sunday School this morning, Cindy Harless, brought up a valid question. Can you glorify God while drinking your orange juice? And if you can, how? So when we are running on auto-pilot and just following our routine, can we glorify God? 'Talk amongst yourselves' That only works if you imagine a strong Bronx accent when you read that quote :D In a related story, Lisa & I went to Stadium Fest yesterday & heard Chris Tomlin & Louie Giglio. Louie spoke about the one question we can ask God that He never (& can never) says no to.


In the course of my life, I've asked many things of God. I begged Him to heal me so that I wouldn't have to have a hysterectomy. I've begged Him to restore ones I've loved to health. I've asked Him to move my New York family back down South. His answer to these questions were all the same. No. That doesn't sound like a happy ending does it? And all He asks of me is that I continue to trust Him through His no's. Easier said than done, but where else would I turn? And like me, I'm sure you've tried to find other ways to turn. But a difficult life with Him is far better than an easy life without Him. I say this because I know it to be true. I've lived it.


Back to that question that He can't say no to. That question is this, "Will you be glorified in all that I do?" His answer is an unequivocal and resounding yes! Now how do we make this happen? What can drinking OJ do to glorify God? It may be just a simple as declaring Him Lord of our lives. If we aren't willing to make Him Lord while doing something as simple as drinking a glass of juice, are we really willing to have Him Lord over our relationships? Over our jobs? Over our major decisions? So that's how it happens. Give Him your orange juice, and He'll give you a future.