Monday, May 11, 2009

The 'Perfect' & the 'Dream'

Don't you HATE work? Or am I the only one? I really believe that I was made to be independently wealthy. There must have been some mistake along the way. Kindergarten teachers & music ministers don't make the kind of money that can make their kids wealthy. But it's a dream of mine, none the less. In earlier posts, I've mentioned that I struggle with finding the 'perfect'. You know, the perfect job. The perfect church. The perfect friends. Why is there a word like perfect when it's unattainable in this life? Oh, yeah. He's perfect. He even walked this same earth that you & I do. Maybe it's because we need Him in our lives so much, that we all search for this 'perfect'.
Today was one of those days. Sure it's Monday, which is bad enough on its own, but it went beyond that. The people I encountered were no more irritating than usual. The phone rang no more often than it does any other Monday. So what was different? Me & my attitude. They, to put it bluntly, sucked. I didn't want to be at work today. My doctor's inability to make a decision has not changed, but today it infuriated me. The talkativeness of co-workers made me want to scream. Patients and pharmaceutical reps asking the same question that I've heard & tried to answer for almost a year now were like fingernails on a chalkboard.
And I wanted my 'dream job'. Want to know what that job is? Well, so do I!!! Down deep, I realize that there is no 'dream job'. Every job has its irritants. Every job has its own politics. I hate politics! Sure I could find another job that might make me happy for a year or two. Ok, maybe not in this economy, but that's not the point. The point is my job made me unhappy today. But it's not my job's responsibility to make me happy in the first place. Lisa offered sound advise tonight. Pray. Not for a new job. But pray and give the day and this job to Him. Think it will work? Me, too.
And if you hear some screams from the North Birmingham area, just ignore them. I'll be ok :D

No comments: