Tuesday, March 11, 2008

No Dumping!

My sister called me on a particular difficult day last week. I know, I know, they all seem difficult, don't they? Any-hoo, the day before had been a tough one for Lisa. She said that she seemed to wake up irritated with the world. Each encounter she had just made it worse. So, when she called me, it was to confess that she had been an awful person. Then she asked me about how I was doing. It was not a good question,or a good time to ask. I dumped. Dumped my concerns, worries and woes on her. She listened patiently and offered her advise. But, to be honest, it didn't help much. Then she called back.
"Boy, you're just a beam of joy today, aren't you?"
Before you take offence, you must know that I died laughing. That one statement lifted me up so that I could look over those cares. You need to know that she called me again yesterday with the same statement. She had read yesterday's blog. Didn't make me laugh, but then it didn't her either. But we did 'hold fast' and made it through the pain or level.
I just wanted to post this today and let you know that the sun did come up this morning. I have been able to see the progress today. That level looks alot smaller today. It didn't go away, but I do feel as if I'm on the other side. Yesterday's blog was from a dark place but then our lives are all a combination of dark and light. Day and night. Through it all, we must remember that no matter how long one seems, it will always precede the other. And no matter how long we've been holding on, He is still coming!
Lara

No comments: