Monday, April 21, 2008

GMA Awards

I'm going to be honest here and let y'all know that I've been struggling recently. No particular problem that's bigger than the others. Don't really know why, either. But that changed this week. Through the reading of Bobby Lepinay's blog and then one that he frequents, Robert Pooley, I was encouraged. I have signed up to receive a weekly devotional from Max Lucado's web site. I LOVE the way that man writes! And then...
Last night I sat down to watch the GMA Awards, or Dove's as I grew up knowing them. Throughout my youth, I lived for the Dove Awards. Watched to see if my favorite musicians were honored. And I loved to hear them perform live. I was always disappointed when Sandi Patty beat out Amy Grant. To which my father, the musician, would tell me the hard truth about musical talent. He was right, I just didn't want to hear it. Anyway, to hear the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ, proclaimed was incredible for me. And then, they would venture into worship. I sat in my recliner and raised my hands and 'had church'! I know, from working in Christian retail, that the music industry is just that... Industry. If it doesn't sell, they won't put it on the shelves whether it's good or not, God or not. But after watching the Dove's I can honestly say that there is some anointed stuff out there. I could feel it, even through my satellite.
The Word of God truly does 'lift us up' out of our day to day messes. Sometimes our scheduled things; church, quiet times, fellowship, don't quite cut it. That's when we need to search Him out. Dig deeper. Find Him. He WILL be found by us! Do something different. Turn on the Gospel Music Channel. Find Him at the botanical gardens. Find Him. He's just waiting for us to pursue Him.
'You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart

No comments: