Friday, February 27, 2009

I HATE Satan!!!!

I know that none of us like Satan, but I really HATE him tonight! On my FaceBook last night I wrote, "I HATE Ben Linus!" Sorry, but it takes a Lost fan to understand that declaration. Yep, you guessed it, I am a Lost fan. Just about everything out of the mouth of the character Ben Linus is a lie. We as the audience knows it as do the other characters on Lost. Unfortunately (or fortunately for the ratings), they all seem to forget it even though it is proved over and over. I even told my sister, Lisa, that I bet the serpent in the Garden of Eden looked like Ben Linus! This was funny at the time. It isn't to me now.
How many lies do we listen to and believe even after the liar has been exposed to us over and over? What about when we've been restored and our relationship with our Lord is back on track? Do we recognize the lies then? Sometimes we don't. Sometimes the ones we love don't. Sometimes those precious friends fall right back into the pit that they were raised out of. How can this happen when they are years away from that pit? What deafens our ears to the voice of the Shepherd? What opens them to the voice of the serpent. How can we believe what we know is a lie?
I have a friend that I believe is listening to those lies. I believe that he has friends who are fostering these lies. This frightens me more than I could say. This is not a television show. This friend is not just fighting for his life. He is fighting for eternity and I'm afraid. Afraid he's surrounded himself with people who are listening to lies, too. Afraid that maybe this time, he won't repent. Afraid that he can't be restored a second time. Afraid that the pit is even deeper this time.
I don't have any answers to any of these questions or concerns. I do know the cause of them. The enemy of our souls. Ok, so maybe I do have an answer. Jesus. When the answers aren't enough, there is Jesus. Maybe I have to get my eyes and fears off of the problem. It's still frightening and there's a long road ahead. Man, I HATE Satan!!!

No comments: