Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Could you? Would you?


My home is neat, clean and very quiet. It is a 'sad' thing. The NY crew have headed home, and while they are happy to be back together, we B'ham crew are having our lonely moments.


Now we are trying to get back to our own brand of 'normal'. My pastor & worship leader have asked for a vignette to wrap up the final Sunday of a series on Noah. This part of the process can be easy, but I find myself wondering what his life was like. 'Evan Almighty' has given me plenty of funny and poignant ideas. While Evan's journey only lasted me two hours, Noah's lasted for years. What monotony, what nausea, what smells. In spite of how God brought the animals to him, in spite of how God, Himself closed the door, in spite of the rains, I know myself well enough to realize that those miracles might not have been enough against my doubt. The reality might have overwhelmed me against His plan. I guess that's why He has never asked me to build an enormous boat...
Lara

No comments: