Friday, July 6, 2007

Sometimes I act like a two-year-old... Do you? I want MY way. I want My stuff. I want MY baggage. I just through with a week that I felt that way. I want to sleep, not get up early to read my Bible! I want to listen to my radio, not my worship CD! I want to play games, watch TV, or read instead of doing something productive! Now you may think that after weeks of VBS prep and VBS itself, that I deserve some down time--well, I thought so, too! So--I did just that! Days of 'I want, I want, I want!' Let me just let you in on a not so hidden secret. After down time that spreads itself a little (or a lot) too long, the heart and mind start to wallow. You know, like a pig. Mud can be rather heavy, let me tell you. Driving home, the other day, it was almost as if I woke up from my tantrum. I felt the weight of my 'self' and didn't like it. Tossing it off, I faced my Lord. There He was, just waiting out my selfishness. Did you know that forgiveness weighs nothing? It actually diminishes the weight on your shoulders? You can actually breathe better when you don't act like a two-year-old...

No comments: