Thursday, January 10, 2008

There's Only Grace...

There's only grace.
There's only love.
There's only mercy,
and believe me it's enough!

Have you ever worked at something just to be told that there is no grace? That all the grace was used up on the person who worked this task before you? Maybe you haven't been told it, only made to feel that way?

On the way home yesterday, I heard this song. I don't know who sings it, or even what CD it's on. But I do know this, I can sing every word of the chorus. It resonates with me. I have actually been told by a former employer that no grace was available to me. Do you know that it's impossible to work without grace? Maybe it's just me, but I am incapable a perfect performance! This is not to make you feel sorry for me! Not at all! Just to let you know that there are folks out there who truly expect perfection.

Our Lord and Saviour is NOT one of those folks! Just think, every morning, every dawn, there's a fresh batch of grace and mercy! It's like those biscuits both my grandmothers used to make. You don't have to do anything to deserve them, they are just there for the taking. All I had to do, was walk into the kitchen, pick up the bisuit and eat it. All we have to do is walk up to Him, pick up all that mercy and grace and carry it with us. We can't help Him whip it up and we can't use so much that there's no more. He doesn't get so tired of forgiving me, that He can't forgive you. There are no penalties for using more than you did yesterday.

There is nothing we can do to over use or use up
His grace!!!
Pretty freeing isn't it? I may need to read this in a few days, just to remind myself!

Happy 2008!

Lara

No comments: