Thursday, December 20, 2007

Family at Christmas

Last night, Lisa & I were able to give something to our Liberty Church Family. Our parents were able to attend the church Christmas meal & the variety show afterwards. Even better, we were able to share some of our own family Christmas traditions with our church family. My father, Papa to those of you who know him, sang O Holy Night. I was bursting with pride and had to wipe more than one tear from my eyes. Then, as a gift to Liberty, my mother took the stage and read the beginning of Luke 2. We arranged a chair for her and had all the children in the audience come and sit around her. I have to say that my mother was made to be surrounded by children! It was truly a beautiful way to prepare for the days before Christmas.
I so enjoy sharing my birth family with my church family. They both are sweet gifts from God into my life! As Paul so eloquently said, "I thank my God upon every remembrance of you..." May you have a rich, beautiful and merry Christmas whether you are with the family you were born with, or the family that has been given to you.
Lara

No comments: