Thursday, July 3, 2008

In the Shadow

I'm sorry I've been out of contact for the last few weeks. They have been crazy ones, starting with the Southern Christian Writers' Conference in Tuscaloosa, AL. I've gone several years now and have been immensely blessed with each attendance. I was up late the night before, getting my script compilation book together. I sold two. Not a big start, but a start none the less. The next day was Liberty's VBS. I'm getting tired just writing about it. God showed up and anointed it, but that didn't stop the enemy from doing his best to wear me down. After VBS, it was house cleaning time, as my brother & family came down from NY. Lisa & I met them in ATL on Monday morning, had breakfast then took his kids with us to the Liberty Pastors' Conference in NC. I happened to sell an exorbitant number of one. Are you tired, yet? Richard & Janet drove my car here to the 'Ham to begin their own vacation. They drove down to the beautiful Gulf Coast of AL yesterday and we will all join them tomorrow for a weekend at the beach. Then Monday starts a new week of work for me. Have you ever needed a vacation from your vacation? Lisa's doing laundry so that we will have something to wear in Gulf Shores. AND, we haven't even packed yet. Have I mentioned that I'm tired?


But there is one cool thing that has happened through all of this. That is my completing 'In the Shadow'. I'm not known for finishing things. I'm sure that it still needs some work, but I have put it up for sale. And, if I do say so myself, it looks pretty good. I'm working on a website, and I'll be sure an place a link on this blog. There are so many people who have sown so much into this book. Liberty Church, Birmingham for giving me the opportunity to work my passion into their services and for the use of their stage. The Princess Sistas who are the reason it looks so good. This book is so much more than just me. I'll add the front and back covers to my next blog so that you all can see it. As I told Pastor Bruce Terry, "It's a God thing!"
Happy Fourth! I'll post again next week.
Lara


No comments: