Wednesday, May 28, 2008

TPS Annual Trip

It's that time of year!!!! Summer. Most of you know that I am NOT big on summer heat or humidity. Every summer, I look at my family and ask, "Why do we live in Alabama?" But something special happens in May. The Princess Sistas take their annual beach trip to Orange Beach, FL!!!! The picture you see here, explains what these trips are like. I, who have sun/skin issues take a paperback book, snacks and water bottles and find my refuge under this umbrella. And a very nice young man comes and makes sure that it protects me from the sun through out the day. Some vacation, huh?
This year, we Sistas are doing something different. We are going on a CRUISE!!!! We leave tomorrow, from Mobile, AL for Cozumel. It's a short one and we'll be back on Monday. I'm already regretting the shortness of it, and I'm not even on the ship. Tina and Lisa have issues with motion sickness as well as a fear of water and are being gracious in taking a chance on our behalf. Tina informed us that if we wanted her to go, we'd better choose the shortest cruise. So, we're trying it and I already believe that we ALL are going to love it. Please pray for them, if you think about it, I want us all to enjoy this time away. And I'm hoping to take a longer one next time!
The next big 'summer thing' will be the arrival of my NY family on June 30th. The kids will go up to NC w/Lisa & I for the Liberty Conference and Rich & Jan will come to B'ham then to the beach. After the conference, we'll all join Rich & Jan for a short family time. We'll get to be together for another week, then have the kids for some time after that. I have to say, it's the best time of my summer.
I'll be posting more about all this at the time, just wanted to let everyone know that Summer is officially HERE! And rest, family, movies, and laughter will abound! I hope your summer is as much a blessing to you as mine is working up to be!
Lara

No comments: